Rotor Transition Program (RTP) for Military Helicopter and Tiltrotor Pilots
Aviation Careers for Any Veteran Rotor Pilot
If you are a military rotor pilot with an FAA Commercial Rotor or Powered Lift certificate, you can use Reduced Fixed-Wing ATP (R-ATP) minimums to launch your civilian fixed-wing aviation career. Our Rotor Transition Program is for you. At the end of our 3-month RTP program, you will meet minimum hiring requirements for any regional airline (Part 121) or corporate (Part 135) operator.
Each of our RTP programs are custom-designed for your current experience, knowledge, and flight time. Our award-winning flight instruction and mentorship has transitioned over 100 Veterans to airline careers with a 100% placement rate since 2016.
RTP Program Features
- Student housing available at our Kansas base (KHMK)
- Earn your Aircraft Multi-Engine Land (AMEL) rating (Kansas only)
- Time-build your fixed-wing PIC hours with a “battle buddy” in our Crew Resource Management (CRM) program (All bases)
- Tuition Assistance, Credentialing Assistance, payment programs, and loan funding available
- Includes resume-building, interview coaching, and career placement services for 4 years after separation from active duty
Resources for Veteran Pilots
Any transition to civilian life is full of uncertainty, but it’s worth the risk. We’ve been in your shoes before and we’ve got your back. Some resources to get you started, based on the questions we get most often:
Army COOL will pay for credentialing fees, including a portion of your flight training. You can apply on the IgnitEd website.
Matching your Active Duty Income
Use this calculator to find out how much do you need to earn as a civilian in order to match your current active-duty income.
Here are some resources to get you started. We also provide career counseling and placement services to all our students and alumni.
Ready to start your engines?
We know all the researching can be daunting, and for many people choosing to follow your dreams is a decision riddled with anxiety of the unknown. We’re here to help lay the path.